Sunday, July 29, 2012

2012 BBQ Season update

Been a busy season of BBQ so I have fallen behind on my contest recaps. Let me try to bring ya up to date...

May 25 - 27 Roc City Rib Fest, Rochester, NY

Roc City Rib Fest is held at the beautiful Ontario Beach park. Our setup is always comfortable and scenic. We were coming off of a bad showing in Greenlane, PA and wanted a strong showing. Well... didn't happen, we were able to take a 10th place in the Roc City Rib Cookoff but had no calls in KCBS competition. Still love this comp. yet gave me a lot to think about when it comes to my BBQ.






June 15 - 16, 2012 Swinetastic BBQ Fest, Frederick,MD
 
This was our fist time at this competition and loved everything about it. Our setup was in a great spot on grass under the shade of trees. This comp was also a Kingsford Challenge competition making it more exciting. Coming off of a couple of disappointing contest, I added some slight changes to my cooking schedule... but would it pay off?
 
 
 
 
We pulled a 10th place chicken!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And am amazing 1st place in pork!
 
 
 
 
 
 
The event was a Kingsford Challenge so we also got one of those big checks for our pork win...
 
 


 
 
We also took home one of the greatest trophies I have ever received for a BBQ win.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cheers!
 
 
 

                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment